I know this Fast and Easy Pita Pizza isn’t earth shattering, or ground breaking, it is low in calories. But that is the point! After a long day at the office, and hitting the gym. There really isn’t a whole lot of time left to cook a fancy meal, before you have to start getting stuff ready for the next day.
Pizza is one of my favorites, and to find an alternative that still satisfied that craving took a little time. White sauce isn’t a healthy option, just brushing some olive oil on the dough/bread did hit the spot, Naan bread tasted great, but super high in calories (190 for half a piece). Next to the Naan was the Pita bread…Eureka! So here it is. Nice and simple.
This is one of my favorite quick prep meals. I personally make it with chicken and some hot sauce.
- 1/4 cup Pizza Sauce (Don Pepino)
- 1/4 cup 2% Milk Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese (Sargento)
- 1 loaf of Whole Wheat Pita Bread (Toufayan)
- 4oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Franks Hot Sauce, and Sriracha
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees.
- Dice up the chicken.
- Cook the chicken in a pan, season with salt, pepper, and a little garlic powder.
- Spread the sauce over the pita pocket, and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Add the cooked chicken on top of the cheese.
- Mix a little hot sauce and Sriracha sauce together (easy on the Sriracha, it has a kick to it).
- Drizzle the sauce over the top of the pizza, use as much or as little of the sauce you want.
- Bake in the oven on a cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
Calories 255 – Carbs 35g – Fat 7g – Protein 15g – Sugar 5g – Fiber 4g
Calories 385 – Carbs 35g – Fat9g – Protein 36g – Sugar 5g – Fiber 4g